That's the thing about people who think they hate computers. What they really hate is lousy programmers.
I am doing a startup!
Cross-browser testing from your browser!
I have written my fourth book!
Be faster than Larry Wall in the shell!
You're replying to a comment by Peter Krumins.
Chad, thanks for leaving a comment. There are a couple of points that I want to make:
1. you don't check for errors - my code does very rigorous error checking so that my applications did not suddenly die because of unhandled exceptions.
2. i love the conciseness of your code - mine is 10x longer.
3. i did not know lxml supported xpath - very nice to learn that.
4. i know lxml is much faster than BeautifulSoup, but it's also less prone to malformed HTML. but perhaps in the case when we parse Google it's not that important.
That's everything that I can think of at the moment.
(why do I need your e-mail?)
It would be nice if you left your e-mail address. Sometimes I want to send a private message, or just thank for the great comment. Having your e-mail really helps.
I will never ever spam you.
(Your twitter handle, if you have one.)
* use <pre>...</pre> to insert a plain code snippet.
* use <pre lang="lang">...</pre> to insert a syntax highlighted code snippet.
For example, <pre lang="python">...</pre> will insert Python highlighted code.
* use <code>...</code> to highlight a variable or a single shell command.
* use <a href="url" nospam>title</a> to insert links.
<a href="url" nospam>title</a>
* use other HTML tags, such as, <b>, <i>, <blockquote>, <sup>, <sub> for text formatting.
Type the word "sandbox_139": (just to make sure you're a human)
Please preview the comment before submitting to make sure it's OK.
Peter Krumins' blog about programming, hacking, software reuse, software ideas, computer security, browserling, google and technology.
Reach me at:
Or meet me on:
Subscribe through an RSS feed:
Subscribe through email:
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
See all top articles
See all downloads
See more detailed list of recent articles
See more detailed category information
See more detailed list of all articles