Follow me on Twitter for my latest adventures!
I decided to create a collection of tools that web developers and programmers often use. I found that I was often googling for things like "json beautifier" or "url escaper" and I'd often end up on random websites with ads and garbage tools that don't work or have tons of options that no one needs.
So I created my own tools. No ads, no garbage, just plain tools all in one place. Press button, get result. Here they are:
Right now I've added 18 tools that I often use, and I'll be adding more tools every week. Soon this will be the largest collection of online programmer tools.
- URL Encode - encode special URL chars to %XX percent sign encoding.
- URL Decode - decode %XX percent sign chars back to normal chars.
- HTML Encode - encode special HTML characters to HTML entities.
- HTML Decode - decode HTML entities to normal characters.
- JSON Prettify - Pretty print JSON data (add spaces, newlines and indentation).
- JSON Minify - Compress JSON data (remove all spaces, tabs, newlines and indentation).
- CSS Prettify - Prettify CSS stylesheets.
- CSS Minify - Compress CSS stylesheets.
- XML Prettify - Pretty print XML data structures.
- XML Minify - Compress XML data structures.
- Convert JSON to XML - Convert JSON data structures to XML data structures.
- Convert XML to JSON - Convert XML to JSON.
- Convert UNIX time to UTC time - Convert UNIX Epoch time to UTC time. (Useful if you store timestamps as UNIX time in database.)
- Convert UTC time to UNIX time - Convert UTC time to UNIX Epoch.
- Convert IP to Decimal - Convert IPs to integer decimals. (Useful if you store IPs as integers in database.)
- Convert Decimal to IP - Convert integers back to proper IP addresses.
Next few tools that I'm adding are HTML minifier, HTML beautifier, and Base64 encoder and Base64 decoder.
Update: Just added base64 encoder and base64 decoder:
- Base64 Encode - Convert ascii/unicode/utf8/utf16/utf32 strings to base64 strings.
- Base64 Decode - Convert base64 strings back to original strings.
Another Update: Just added HTML prettifier and HTML minifier:
Any comments, questions, concerns or suggestions? Leave a comment below!