Follow me on Twitter for my latest adventures!
My dear readers, it has been a year since I have been blogging here! With this post I want to share my blog statistics with you.
During this year (July 14, 2007 - July 20, 2008) I managed to write 58 posts, which received 808 comments. Based on statistics from Statcounter and Google Analytics, these posts received 574,874 views by 424,292 unique visitors.
Here is a Google Analytics graph showing monthly page views for this period (click for a larger version):
Here are the top 5 countries my blog readers came from:
- United States (195,076 visitors)
- United Kingdom (25,988 visitors)
- Canda (25,335 visitors)
- India (13,753 visitors)
- Germany (13,670 visitors)
Not surprisingly, the top 5 referring sites were all social media and bookmarking sites:
- reddit.com (84,391 visitors)
- digg.com (43,903 visitors)
- stumbleupon.com (20,234 visitors)
- del.icio.us (13,146 visitors)
- news.ycombinator.com (10,757 visitors)
From all the visitors 48,386 went to my site directly and 82,502 were sent here by my darling Google.
During the first year, approximately 1000 people subscribed to my blog. Here is the Feedburner subscriber graph for the year:
If you are interested in my blog, you may subscribe here: catonmat rss feed.
According to Technorati, my blog has received 476 blog reactions and ranks 29,521-st out of 112.8 million blogs!
Many of my posts have been submitted to Reddit, Digg and have been Stumbled. Here are the top 5 most visited posts:
- Designing Digg Picture Website in a Matter of Hours (43,962 views)
- The Definitive Guide to Bash Command Line History (31,568 views)
- Working Productively in Bash's Vi Command Line Editing Mode (23,508 views)
- How to Extract Audio Tracks from YouTube Videos (22,588 views)
Some of my how-to posts came with downloadable cheat sheets. Here are the top 5 cheat sheets:
- Sed, UNIX Stream Editor, Cheat Sheet (downloaded 12,162 times)
- Perl's pack()/unpack() and printf() Cheat Sheet (downloaded 10,849 times)
- AWK Programming Language Cheat Sheet (downloaded 10,303 times)
- Screen Terminal Emulator Cheat Sheet (downloaded 6,706 times)
- Bash VI Editing Mode Cheat Sheet (downloaded 5,452 times)
During the last year I also did several web projects. As I was busy with physics studies, I created only four web projects (all of these projects are open source):
- Reddit Media: intelligent fun online!
- Digpicz: the missing digg picture section!
- Picurls: buzziest pictures on the net!
- Reddit River: what flows online!
In March 2008 I started posting geek music on Fridays. Here are the top 5 geek songs:
- Crypt-o (played 5,153 times)
- Model-View-Controller Song (played 4,700 times)
- Code Monkey (played 2,186 times)
- God Wrote in Lisp (played 1,952 times)
- The Day the Routers Died (played 1,462 times)
I am satisfied with where this blog is heading. I'd like to thank all my fans and all the visitors who regularly return to the site!
To make things more challenging, I am setting myself a goal of reaching 5000 subscribers by the end of the next year of blogging (July 2009)! I know that this is very ambitious goal but I am ready to take the challenge!