Any fool can use a computer. Many do.
I am doing a startup!
Cross-browser testing from your browser!
I have written my fourth book!
Be faster than Larry Wall in the shell!
You're viewing a comment by wuzixiao and its responses.
hey, peter, i am very lucky to find your blog, it is great. Thanks very much for sharing so much valuable acknowledge with others. I will try my best to do the same thing like you.
I want to know what is your method to learn a new programming language?
Best for your further!
My method is pretty simple:
1. I get some good books about the language that I want to learn.
2. I find video lectures about the language.
3. I find the "hidden features of <langauge>" post on stack overflow.
4. I join the #language channel on irc.freenode.net.
5. I write some simple programs to get the feel of the language.
6. I ask a lot of questions "how to do this", "how to do that" on IRC and on the appropriate stack overflow network site.
7. I write blog posts about the language. Expressing ideas about the language make me look into the language deeper and I get a better understanding of it.
That's about it.
(why do I need your e-mail?)
It would be nice if you left your e-mail address. Sometimes I want to send a private message, or just thank for the great comment. Having your e-mail really helps.
I will never ever spam you.
(Your twitter handle, if you have one.)
* use <pre>...</pre> to insert a plain code snippet.
* use <pre lang="lang">...</pre> to insert a syntax highlighted code snippet.
For example, <pre lang="python">...</pre> will insert Python highlighted code.
* use <code>...</code> to highlight a variable or a single shell command.
* use <a href="url" nospam>title</a> to insert links.
<a href="url" nospam>title</a>
* use other HTML tags, such as, <b>, <i>, <blockquote>, <sup>, <sub> for text formatting.
Type the word "quake3_1": (just to make sure you're a human)
Please preview the comment before submitting to make sure it's OK.
Peter Krumins' blog about programming, hacking, software reuse, software ideas, computer security, browserling, google and technology.
Reach me at:
Or meet me on:
Subscribe through an RSS feed:
Subscribe through email:
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
See all top articles
See all downloads
See more detailed list of recent articles
See more detailed category information
See more detailed list of all articles