Power is the ability to control things, moral authority is the ability to change things
I am doing a startup!
Cross-browser testing from your browser!
I have written my fourth book!
Be faster than Larry Wall in the shell!
You're replying to a comment by Nick Shyrokovskiy.
Hi. I think there is a little mistake in explaining item
"70. Delete duplicate, nonconsecutive lines from a file."
Namely you state that introducing double \n is to suppress greadyness of [ -~]*\n but gready part is [ -~]* and it just can't eat \n that follows it, so one \n is enough.
The purpose of double \n i think is to handle to both cases
1. repeated line is in front of the hold buffer
2. repeated line is somewhere in the middle of the hold buffer
Say you don't double and write(extended regexp):
Looks good, but it would work only in 2 case(middle or end)
and not in 1 case(begin) as \n would stay unmatched.
(why do I need your e-mail?)
It would be nice if you left your e-mail address. Sometimes I want to send a private message, or just thank for the great comment. Having your e-mail really helps.
I will never ever spam you.
(Your twitter handle, if you have one.)
* use <pre>...</pre> to insert a plain code snippet.
* use <pre lang="lang">...</pre> to insert a syntax highlighted code snippet.
For example, <pre lang="python">...</pre> will insert Python highlighted code.
* use <code>...</code> to highlight a variable or a single shell command.
* use <a href="url" nospam>title</a> to insert links.
<a href="url" nospam>title</a>
* use other HTML tags, such as, <b>, <i>, <blockquote>, <sup>, <sub> for text formatting.
Type the word "sandbox_124": (just to make sure you're a human)
Please preview the comment before submitting to make sure it's OK.
Peter Krumins' blog about programming, hacking, software reuse, software ideas, computer security, browserling, google and technology.
Reach me at:
Or meet me on:
Subscribe through an RSS feed:
Subscribe through email:
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
See all top articles
See all downloads
See more detailed list of recent articles
See more detailed category information
See more detailed list of all articles