It's so easy to become mesmerized by the immediacy of a result that you don't question its validity.
I am doing a startup!
Cross-browser testing from your browser!
I have written my fourth book!
Be faster than Larry Wall in the shell!
You're viewing a comment by Ian Clarke and its responses.
This is neat. I would strongly encourage you to avoid the mistake made by many people in your position and go and find customers for this NOW, at least to talk to them.
This will allow you to:
1. Verify that customers exist
2. Better understand their needs
3. Better understand how to price this when it is eventually ready
DO NOT wait until you launch, you should be having a constant conversation with your likely customers throughout your development process.
I elaborate on this approach in this reddit comment:
Thanks for the comment. I actually started doing this already, reached out to several people already who showed an early interest in using it in their business, and offered them to work closely with me to build what they really need!
(why do I need your e-mail?)
It would be nice if you left your e-mail address. Sometimes I want to send a private message, or just thank for the great comment. Having your e-mail really helps.
I will never ever spam you.
(Your twitter handle, if you have one.)
* use <pre>...</pre> to insert a plain code snippet.
* use <pre lang="lang">...</pre> to insert a syntax highlighted code snippet.
For example, <pre lang="python">...</pre> will insert Python highlighted code.
* use <code>...</code> to highlight a variable or a single shell command.
* use <a href="url" nospam>title</a> to insert links.
<a href="url" nospam>title</a>
* use other HTML tags, such as, <b>, <i>, <blockquote>, <sup>, <sub> for text formatting.
Type the word "computer_226": (just to make sure you're a human)
Please preview the comment before submitting to make sure it's OK.
Peter Krumins' blog about programming, hacking, software reuse, software ideas, computer security, browserling, google and technology.
Reach me at:
Or meet me on:
Subscribe through an RSS feed:
Subscribe through email:
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
See all top articles
See all downloads
See more detailed list of recent articles
See more detailed category information
See more detailed list of all articles