To iterate is human, to recurse divine.
L. Peter Deutsch
I am doing a startup!
Cross-browser testing from your browser!
I have written my fourth book!
Be faster than Larry Wall in the shell!
You're viewing a comment by Richard and its responses.
Nice examples with good explanation. I would need some help with following "problem"...?
I have a multiple textfile manipulating ("script conversion") problem...
1. one string on several instances in a template file and create new files with the string as part of filename
2. several strings on multiple instances in a template file and create new files with the 1st string as part of filename
I can do the first one with multiple sed commands that I create with column editor and copy&paste into command line;
but it would be neater to use one file as "input_file" to be runned against the template with some kind of looping?
The 2nd alternative would need to have several sed commands runned after each other which would be more difficult.
The command I use repeatedly on "1st problem" is sed 's/1234/ABC9628/g' ABC1234.txt > ABC9628.txt and it works.
Thanks in advance.
(why do I need your e-mail?)
It would be nice if you left your e-mail address. Sometimes I want to send a private message, or just thank for the great comment. Having your e-mail really helps.
I will never ever spam you.
(Your twitter handle, if you have one.)
* use <pre>...</pre> to insert a plain code snippet.
* use <pre lang="lang">...</pre> to insert a syntax highlighted code snippet.
For example, <pre lang="python">...</pre> will insert Python highlighted code.
* use <code>...</code> to highlight a variable or a single shell command.
* use <a href="url" nospam>title</a> to insert links.
<a href="url" nospam>title</a>
* use other HTML tags, such as, <b>, <i>, <blockquote>, <sup>, <sub> for text formatting.
Type the word "0day_124": (just to make sure you're a human)
Please preview the comment before submitting to make sure it's OK.
Peter Krumins' blog about programming, hacking, software reuse, software ideas, computer security, browserling, google and technology.
Reach me at:
Or meet me on:
Subscribe through an RSS feed:
Subscribe through email:
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
See all top articles
See all downloads
See more detailed list of recent articles
See more detailed category information
See more detailed list of all articles