Once a new technology starts rolling, if you're not part of the steamroller, you're part of the road.
I am doing a startup!
Cross-browser testing from your browser!
I have written my fourth book!
Be faster than Larry Wall at command line!
You're viewing a comment by Shahzad and its responses.
I sent you an email with the following questions but seems like it might have landed in a SPAM folder or is lost in cyberspace.
First of all, Thank you very much for sharing such great how to do stuff. I am a programmer and mainly work in Java, but new to perl and php. I have few questions, if you could answer i would be very thankful.
If the following questions might sound foolish but if you could answer them i would be grateful.
1. What OS do you use, i assume linux ( which flavor and version).
2. Seems like you are hosting www.catonmat.net on your home server as it times out a lot.
3. I am using windows XP media center, can you please tell me how can setup the scripts on laptop
to run my localhost /localserver.
4. What domain service should i register to.
5. If i do choose a hosting service, how can setup your scripts on it to test?
6. What are the best resource to learn perl and php (quick and comprehensive tutorials).
I know you are very busy with studies. If you could give me 10-15 mins of your time by answering these questions
and if you have an advice for me, i would be thankful.
I wish you all the best for the future, please keep sharing your information and keep on creating cool web app,
when you can.
are you Iranian?
I am from Iran, and want to teach java programming!
can you help me?
(why do I need your e-mail?)
It would be nice if you left your e-mail address. Sometimes I want to send a private message, or just thank for the great comment. Having your e-mail really helps.
I will never ever spam you.
(Your twitter handle, if you have one.)
* use <pre>...</pre> to insert a plain code snippet.
* use <pre lang="lang">...</pre> to insert a syntax highlighted code snippet.
For example, <pre lang="python">...</pre> will insert Python highlighted code.
* use <code>...</code> to highlight a variable or a single shell command.
* use <a href="url" nospam>title</a> to insert links.
<a href="url" nospam>title</a>
* use other HTML tags, such as, <b>, <i>, <blockquote>, <sup>, <sub> for text formatting.
Type the word "computer_1": (just to make sure you're a human)
Please preview the comment before submitting to make sure it's OK.
Peter Krumins' blog about programming, hacking, software reuse, software ideas, computer security, browserling, google and technology.
Reach me at:
Or meet me on:
Subscribe through an RSS feed:
(what is rss?)
Subscribe through email:
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
I love to read science books. They make my day and I get ideas for awesome blog posts, such as Busy Beaver, On Functors, Recursive Regular Expressions and many others.
Take a look at my Amazon wish list, if you're curious about what I have planned reading next, and want to surprise me. :)
See all top articles
See all downloads
See more detailed list of recent articles
See more detailed category information
See more detailed list of all articles