I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.
I am doing a startup!
Cross-browser testing from your browser!
I have written my fourth book!
Be faster than Larry Wall in the shell!
You're replying to a comment by Marcis.
Interesting and good experience! Can help you to get a good job somewhere else or maybe at Google another time.
Regarding potential reasons why you were not hired:
1) Choice of location. I guess in Europe the competition is slightly less and it would be easier to get in. You most probably could transfer to CA later, if you really want to.
2) Mistakes during interview. In your article you mention at least 3 mistakes you made during interviews. Too many. I occasionally need to hire some people and then this can be very crucial. If somebody makes less mistakes than others, he most probably is more serious and thinks through everything before starts doing. Can save a lot of money for company.
3) Somebody just could be better. Have more experience, more knowledge, etc. :) Not to worry, in 3-5 years you will as good experience or even better. Just keep trying! ;)
(why do I need your e-mail?)
It would be nice if you left your e-mail address. Sometimes I want to send a private message, or just thank for the great comment. Having your e-mail really helps.
I will never ever spam you.
(Your twitter handle, if you have one.)
* use <pre>...</pre> to insert a plain code snippet.
* use <pre lang="lang">...</pre> to insert a syntax highlighted code snippet.
For example, <pre lang="python">...</pre> will insert Python highlighted code.
* use <code>...</code> to highlight a variable or a single shell command.
* use <a href="url" nospam>title</a> to insert links.
<a href="url" nospam>title</a>
* use other HTML tags, such as, <b>, <i>, <blockquote>, <sup>, <sub> for text formatting.
Type the word "security_101": (just to make sure you're a human)
Please preview the comment before submitting to make sure it's OK.
Peter Krumins' blog about programming, hacking, software reuse, software ideas, computer security, browserling, google and technology.
Reach me at:
Or meet me on:
Subscribe through an RSS feed:
Subscribe through email:
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
See all top articles
See all downloads
See more detailed list of recent articles
See more detailed category information
See more detailed list of all articles